Well a good day working on the tub section of the car, we have bent the bulkhead in to shape, welded the braces to the bulkhead, created the section that goes down from the bulkhead and includes rear floor supports and seat belt mounts.. We also made up the small flat section that bolts to the front seat box.
They are all bent and drilled, tomorrow we will pin on the rear wings and rear 1/4 panels that will help us take measurements for the seat boxes which we also hope to make up tomorrow.
Well, what a busy day we had on Sunday, after prepping the sections we popped it together and laid it up on the old tub, so here is what that looks like.
Well after such a good day, we decided that we could go on and work the wheel boxes, after a slight miscalculation we decided to call it a day and try again on Tuesday.
So just home from a good evening in the workshop, we started to build the seat boxes, with such a complicated shape it was a challenge getting them right. but we did it and here they are:
well at one point there was a bit of a panic that we had made the bulkhead part wrong. As the side bits were offered up first time they were different. after a lot of thinking about them we found the measurements for them were slightly off, as we have enough off cuts of the material we just remade them.
I shall get plenty more today when hopefully we get it either pinned or riveted together.