Well here are some pictures of the progress we have made with the tub over the last 2 weeks, due to a little miscalculation we have had to go over and modify some of the parts we had already done, but think we are pretty good now. Our new fuel filler section that will be mounted in to the wing, We are going to keep standard side tank, instead of changing to a TD5 style one mainly due to the costs. Some detail shots of the riveting done on the seat boxes.
Seat box in position in the tub and the strengtheners welded in to the bottom of them. We have made up the sections where the front door slams mount but we haven’t fitted them just yet as we also need to do a couple of strengthening pieces for them. There is a fair bit of detail in a tub you don’t see normally, can see why a new one would cost £2,200 now.
So last night we committed to the positions of the seat boxes with the rest of the car, the sides had temporary pop rivets in them to free up the assembly pins holding them in. We marked the front bulkhead with where they meet up and drilled through and also drilled the rear 1/4 panels for the rivet holes.
We also positioned and drilled the wings to hold the front door slam panel in place to they were offered up and we even tried the door seal on them.