Monthly Archives: October 2013

Car 4 : Painting

Car 4 is now rubbed down and under cover for painting, so far it’s starting to look nice.

20131029-151915.jpg

20131029-151908.jpg

20131029-151926.jpg

Here is a quick pano of the car with its final scheme for now.

20131101-093728.jpg

Advertisement

Car 2 : Tub Painting – Done

Well this is a big weekend for us, the custom tub is finally finished and getting painted.

At this moment the primer is going on and saturday will see the top coats of blue applied.

20131025-183641.jpg

20131025-183651.jpg

20131025-183702.jpg

20131025-183713.jpg

20131025-183721.jpg

20131025-183728.jpg

20131026-121216.jpg

20131026-121223.jpg

20131027-140329.jpg

Tub finished and placed on chassis, have a little bit of adjusting that needs doing but should be a simple job with a cutting disc.

20131027-171720.jpg

20131027-171712.jpg

Car 4 : More tidying and planning

As car 4 is currently road worthy jobs at the moment are small,

There were some issues with the wiring in the dash that meant some things didn’t work or needed something else on to work.  For example the heater blower would only work if the side lights were on, so things like this have been resolved and generally neatened up.

A small adaptation to the bull bar has allowed for the fitting of 2 Hella lamps that should help with driving during the winter.

A spare wheel has been mounted to the pickup bed and a coat of paint applied to the rear cross member and floor of the pick up.

Plans for the next couple of weeks include a repaint which will be done with a brush rather than a spray for now.

20131022-140638.jpg

20131022-140652.jpg

20131022-140704.jpg

20131022-140710.jpg

20131022-140640.jpg

20131022-140655.jpg

20131022-140705.jpg

20131022-140712.jpg

Car 1 : Engine rebuilding

Well some parts have come in for car 1, the following bits have been bolted on to the engine.

  • Fuel lift pump & filter
  • Coil, Distributor cap, HT Leads
  • Belts

Also the clutch, bulkhead feet, bulkhead repair panels are all ready to be fitted.

The progress on the car should move ahead pretty quickly now.

A target has been set for the vehicle to start and move by the 20th November so pushing hard for that.

20131022-135722.jpg

20131022-135731.jpg

20131022-135737.jpg

20131022-135723.jpg

20131022-135733.jpg

20131022-135739.jpg

Making Progress

Well carrying on with the progress of work again now, we did some work on 2 of the cars today.

Car 2 : Today we mounted the fuel tank and plumbed it all back in and also took the inlet and exhaust manifolds off the 200tdi so that we could route the dip stick pipe correctly after we rebuilt it a couple of years ago. not an essential task but one we have wanted to do. so while we were at it replaced the gasket with one we purchased a couple of years ago.

Car 4 : We tidied up the cabin a little bit, the previous owner had the glow plugs controlled by a switch on a metal plate in the dash, this was relocated into the dash, similar with the ignition barrel, this had previously dangled by the column so it was relocated in to the dash.

The plan is to do a bit more work tomorrow so will do more updates and get pictures of the work done then.

Update

Well its all been a bit quiet the last couple of weeks between the injury and holidays so here is where we are up to.

Car 1 – hasn’t really changed since the engine was put in, busy looking for a clutch and other parts.

Car 2 – hasn’t changed since the engine and gearbox were refitted but will soon be getting back in to the swing and looking to put in brake lines, fuel lines and tank. Then bolt the bulkhead in to position. We will also be moving on to make the rear window sections for the body work over the next couple of weeks, then we can start spraying up the parts ready to go back on.

Car 3 – this car is now mostly dismantled and the engine and gearbox up for sale.

Car 4 – After repairing the rear diff pan, a couple of weeks ago after about an hours trip one of the core plugs decided to fail. it was replaced and again a couple of weeks later blew out again. Decision was made to replace the head gasket so this weekend was spent stripping it down, tonight we will fit the new gasket and bolt it all up again. Hopefully that will sort the issues out.

New addition to the group!

One of the other friends got a bit of the land rover bug after owning a discovery for a little while so he has now invested in a Series 3 pickup truck which is very nice, needs a little bit of work but its a runner for now.

20131007-225720.jpg

20131007-225806.jpg