Monthly Archives: November 2013

Car 2 : Update

Well updating the blog has lapsed a little over recent weeks partly down to being busy.  But here is a list of bits that have been done since the last updated.  Pictures to follow this weekend.

Wiring Harness has been put into conduit and fed through the chassis, just need to move plugs from old harness to the new one and crimp on bullets then that will mostly be done.

Brake system is now totally finished, we have added +2 brake lines as the spring kit we have used is actually a +2 light load springs. but all pipes are run, callipers reinstalled with new pads and all bled.

Steering, the Power Steering box has now been bolted on to the chassis and the column all connected up, all that is left to do is fill with ATF and then realign the wheel as its 90 degrees off at present.

Bulkhead, things such as the vent flaps are now installed, along with the wash wipe systems and parts of the dashboard its self.  Last weekend we also bolted the fuse box back in to place and started moving the wires in to the correct locations.  Hopefully in the near future we will be rebuilding more of the dashboard so they are all hidden away and it should be in a working state again once we get the battery in.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Exhaust, After going down the route of a defender 200tdi exhaust system instead of the old 2.25 system that had been used before we are having to adapt the down pipe that was used previously we need to make it 14 inches longer and also drop a small distance so it mates we the new pipes.

Body Work, rear window sections are repaired and now require prep and paint, hopefully we will also prep the seat box, wind screen wings and bonnet at the same time so we can have a full weekend spraying the parts and take them all down in one go, save mixing paint over different days.

20131209-232836.jpg

20131209-232843.jpg

20131209-232850.jpg

20131209-232906.jpg

20131209-232856.jpg

Advertisements

Car 4 Update

Well seen as we haven’t posted anything for a while we thought we should show our progress to the cars….

Car 4 has had the painting completed and is looking good, all the tub has been painted inside and part of the cab inside has been tarted up as well thanks to good ole checker plate. Next on the agenda for this car is rubber flooring in the cab and sort out a diff issue on the rear which will be solved by using a replacement diff from the original axles of car 1