Well updating the blog has lapsed a little over recent weeks partly down to being busy. But here is a list of bits that have been done since the last updated. Pictures to follow this weekend.
Wiring Harness has been put into conduit and fed through the chassis, just need to move plugs from old harness to the new one and crimp on bullets then that will mostly be done.
Brake system is now totally finished, we have added +2 brake lines as the spring kit we have used is actually a +2 light load springs. but all pipes are run, callipers reinstalled with new pads and all bled.
Steering, the Power Steering box has now been bolted on to the chassis and the column all connected up, all that is left to do is fill with ATF and then realign the wheel as its 90 degrees off at present.
Bulkhead, things such as the vent flaps are now installed, along with the wash wipe systems and parts of the dashboard its self. Last weekend we also bolted the fuse box back in to place and started moving the wires in to the correct locations. Hopefully in the near future we will be rebuilding more of the dashboard so they are all hidden away and it should be in a working state again once we get the battery in.
Exhaust, After going down the route of a defender 200tdi exhaust system instead of the old 2.25 system that had been used before we are having to adapt the down pipe that was used previously we need to make it 14 inches longer and also drop a small distance so it mates we the new pipes.
Body Work, rear window sections are repaired and now require prep and paint, hopefully we will also prep the seat box, wind screen wings and bonnet at the same time so we can have a full weekend spraying the parts and take them all down in one go, save mixing paint over different days.
Sorry I missed your post initially as the wordpress reader is not showing it even though I follow your blog! Now taken to visiting all my followed blogs manually each week.
Yeah really happy with progress so far, now getting on to trickier bits with wiring and finish adapting the exhaust. Thats the plan for the weekend ahead
You should have it all finished before the snow arrives 🙂
well hopefully! if we get any down here, we are normally pretty sheltered from the snow.
The plan at the moment is between Christmas and new year we will take all the body parts to where we built the tub for painting, then in 3 days the bodywork should all be done. So over the next couple of weeks plan to get the other bits done and also working on the door repairs.
I will try and get some more pictures up over the weekend as there has been a bit more progress since the last pictures.