Well we are working through one of the trickiest parts of the rebuild now, reconnecting the wiring.
At the beginning of the process as the wiring was removed we took pictures to see what goes where, the problem i have now is the phone they were taken on has been wiped and don’t have any copies of them.
With the new chassis loom in place I have soldered in connections to the old plugs matching wires from old to new. But this leaves a few spares that weren’t put in to the new wiring.
In the main plugs on the engine side I have the following wires with nothing connected
- Purple [Aux Trailer Power]
- Red Green [Rear Wash Wipe]
- Green [Rear Wash Wipe]
- Green Black [Rear Wash Wipe]
- Brown Green [Rear Wash Wipe]
As the car doesn’t have rear wash wipe I have put these cables inside the dashboard so they are out of the way, if ever needed they can be reinstated.
Then on the interior side of the bulkhead the following
- 2 x Brown White
- Green White [RH Indicator]
The wires above were found on an old picture that shows they were connected in to the fuse box.
- Red Green
- Green Black
- Brown Green
These wires were related to the rear wash wipe system so have been hidden out the way for now.
- Green Purple [Brakes]
- Green LIght Green
These were passed through the bulkhead and connected to the brake pedal switch.
- Red White [Dash Illumination]
- Blue White
When all the connections at the bulkhead end are made we will then run the wiring in to the tub and start to put bullet connections on for the lights. Then it will be a game of connect the battery and see what works.