Well over the weekend we did a bit of work on the car, we removed the fuel tank yet again to allow access for the inner sills to be located.
Reference points for the bolt holes in the back of the sill bracket were taken, drilled in to the front of the tub panel, offered up to check the alignment and it was all good. the same steps were repeated on the near side of the car and with the holes in a good position we then dropped the seat box in to place.
The seat box had holes in from the old car so when they were all lined up we bolted the box to the sill in the back and along the side of the car. This then gave us position for the holes in the back on the box which we drilled out and bolted with M6 x 20 and Nylocs.
The seat box being located then allowed for the transmission tunnel cover to be screwed in and matting put in. The other bonus was we could now fit the battery to the car and run some wire in.
I have previous purchased 2m of Red cable and 1m of Black for the battery, I went for a massively over rated cable capable of 415 Amps, shouldn’t have any issues with the cables melting all being well.
So with the battery connected it would have been wrong not to turn the key and see what happened. The answer was nothing, when turning the key we got oil pressure light and charge warning light. Nothing on cold start and when actually trying to crank the engine nothing happened. So after a bit of a look around and trying of a few bits we decided enough was done for the weekend and can come back to the wiring another day.
Other issues discovered this weekend include the radiator has a hole in somewhere as when we filled it up a puddle started forming under it, this will be taken out and will get a price on test and repair, if its more expensive than a new one we might go down that route.