Well we have been working away on the shut lines of the car the last couple of weeks, we weren’t happy with a banana in the sides of the body work, so we unbolted it all and played around with moving the panels.
Firstly we tried moving the tub forward as this was the biggest part we had changed. To get straight involved a 10 mm gap between the rear x member and the tub. This caused problems with appearance and also the door openings.
Next we tried 4 washers between the bulkhead and the outrigger on the near side. This allowed the tub to sit back fully with the doors shut but the bonnet wouldn’t close.
The final solution we came up with was to use 2 washers at the bulkhead and also space the near side wing a little, this allows for good door gaps, the bonnet to open and close without issue. After a bit more tinkering with final positions we tightened it all down and began fitting the door strikers and door seals.
After discussing with my normal parts supplier he said he couldn’t get hold of any AllMakes door seals that were recommended in the mud4fun blog, so for now i will settle with britpart. So on they went too, the fronts appeared to be a good fit, the rear one was a little long so shortened it to suit.
With all the doors shut we then put all the bolts back in and re tested the doors, for now they are a bit stiff but expect this to ease up after a bit of use.
As the weather was nice we also took the chance to paint the new light surrounds and front grill then fitted.
Next job will be to start working on electrical bits, get all the lights working again.