Car 1 : Progressing

Well this update is a couple of weeks over due, namely getting round to writing it but the recent progress has been :

Shocks fitted, after trying to fit the shocks with the poly bushes we found them to be a very tight fit so we ended up making a tool that allowed the pin to be put in while the bush was compressed with a clamp.  this worked a treat and in no time all 4 shocks were in place.

Rear Check Straps, once the shocks were in place we fitted the new straps and bolted up tightly.

Brake Lines, we have fitted a set of standard length braided brake hoses originally planned for car 2, but they were too short. Next step for brake lines will be running the full lengths of copper pipe and completing the brake system.

Front Grill, the front grill section has been painted green, it will have 1 more coat then can be refitted to the chassis along with a new radiator that has been purchased, the original was beyond repair.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s