Monthly Archives: July 2014

Car 2 : Suspension Change

Well after running the car for a few weeks we noticed that the steering wasn’t as good as before the rebuild and we had put it down to castor issues after fitting 2 inch lift springs.

So we purchased a set of AllMakes springs that were standard height and today we got around to fitting them.  We lifted the back of the car letting the axle droop a little then compressed the springs and got them out.  We could slip the new ones back in without the spring compressors so bolted the retaining plates back in and the back was done.

The fronts were slightly harder, we had to remove the bottom nut of the shock absorber compressed the springs and then the shock we had just enough time to pull it out before the shock extended again.  a bit longer and a bit of a harder job but we got it done, in the space of a couple of hours we had all the springs done and it bolted back down again.

This improved the issues we had with steering massively the car now feels pretty much as it did before the rebuild which is great news.

Also while working today we topped up the oil a bit more after the running in and also re bled the brakes.

Advertisements