Well today included more progress on Tom’s car, we have now removed the front end bodywork from the car. We are now in the process of removing all the other body to chassis fixings and the other connections such as wiring and heater controls.
Hopefully we will be able to make more progress over the rest of the weekend and also taking and uploading some more photos.
Next steps will include lifting the body as well as fitting some new parts to replace some of the more… delicate… parts of the car. Updates to follow!
Well last night we finally got round to starting work on changing Tom’s chassis. This time round we are going to try and take the body off the car in one piece so that we haven’t got to worry about lining all the panels back up at the end of it.
To do this we have got 3 editions of Land Rover Monthly, which handily show the the process using a 2 post ramp to remove the body. while we are reliant on human power we think it can be done.
So last night we carried out the following steps:
Removed the 10 M8 x 20 bolts from the rear of the tub to cross member tabs
Removed the 4 screws holding the filler neck to the tub
Removed the Gear lever
Removed handbrake cable
Removed front bumper
The next steps will be undoing the other connections between body and chassis such as fixing bolts electricals and ancillaries then looking to remove the wings and bonnet to make the body work removal easier.