Well another quick update, recently we have had a couple of little issues with Daisy the TD5 90, it all started with a bit of wet weather, when trying to drive the engine warning light came on and throttle response stopped.
After using diagnostics the fault showed up in the computer as Driver Demand, after a bit of looking we thought it was the EGR valve, a bit of inspection showed that it was a bit clogged so we fitted an egr blanking kit. that seemed to do the trick for a little while.
Then a couple of weeks later the same issue happend again! unimpressed we decided to go to the next possible cause the accelerator pedal, we had purchased one off ebay at the same time as the EGR valve so put it back in and the fault remained the same.
We noticed that the fault was caused when pressing the clutch, so replacement of the switch on the clutch pedal with MSK100050 [MSK500010] seems to have sorted the issues for now.
Well, a productive week for the story of car 1, including the collection of a whole load of parts won on ebay from over the river in Liverpool and the eventual purchase of the bush kit.
After seeing the item on ebay a whole load of parts in pictures the item was won so on Wednesday we went off to collect, and we were surprised by how much stuff there was. Here are a couple of pictures:
Items of note include a front axle with free wheeling hubs, 4 windscreens, 2 rear screen sections and a whole lot more
The next big job was bush replacement, we were starting with the chassis bushes, so out with a home made puller, a good length of M10 stud iron, nuts, washers and length of scaffold tube. after a few hours we had the inner tubes and rubber out, just the outer metal tube remained. with the use of a hacksaw, chisels and hammers they were soon out too. Then it was in with the new britpart polybush kit.
This picture show the original state of the car before we started work on it.
The process started with getting it under cover and stripping off the body work to check out the condition of the chassis. It wasn’t good news, massive amount of rust and too much work to recover so the chassis needs changing.
So a search on eBay found another chassis in better condition than ours so after a bit of bidding we won that and collection is set for 29th March 2013.