Well another quick update, recently we have had a couple of little issues with Daisy the TD5 90, it all started with a bit of wet weather, when trying to drive the engine warning light came on and throttle response stopped.
After using diagnostics the fault showed up in the computer as Driver Demand, after a bit of looking we thought it was the EGR valve, a bit of inspection showed that it was a bit clogged so we fitted an egr blanking kit. that seemed to do the trick for a little while.
Then a couple of weeks later the same issue happend again! unimpressed we decided to go to the next possible cause the accelerator pedal, we had purchased one off ebay at the same time as the EGR valve so put it back in and the fault remained the same.
We noticed that the fault was caused when pressing the clutch, so replacement of the switch on the clutch pedal with MSK100050 [MSK500010] seems to have sorted the issues for now.
Well after the dashboard lighting was improved with LED’s after some issues with the Britpart lamp kit I fitted during the rebuild which included the plastic housings melting on the stop tail lights!
A few weeks ago i purchased Wipac LED lights for the outside of the car, 2 front side lights, 2 stop / tail lights and indicators front and back. The kit also came with a flasher relay designed for the lower power consumption of the LED’s
The main issue with the lamps were the wiring connections that were for 300tdi + cars so I also purchased adapters to bullet connections. Also the mounting points were 2 screws on the horizontal centre line of the light.
So I had to drill the body work for the mounting holes then removed the old lights and bolted the new ones in place and connected them up.
There is one fault with the LED indicators that they only work if wired backwards, they work fine with indicators but the hazard switch currently isn’t working so thats something to look at.